Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Two little jobs that I was please Trevor asked me to help with. First, to put new threads onto a pair of original cast brass oilers that he had found. These were in a very dirty state and had the incorrect size of thread to fit Sirapite's Trunk Guides. So I was able to machine these to the correct thread for the engine, and generally clean them up. Secondly I turned a new new back plate for the pressure gauge. This was made from a piece of Mahogany that I had stored away for the last twenty years from a time when I used to do a fair amount of restoration wood turning. The finish is given by pure Bees wax from hives I used to keep ages ago before Trevor was even a teenager!! No, I'm not giving a date.

No comments: